1-1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 tbsp. reduced-fat margarine
3/4 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1 10 oz. can beef broth
1 cup evaporated fat-free (skim) milk.
- Brown the ground beef in a heavy skillet. Drain off the fat, remove beef from skillet, and set aside.
- Add margarine and sauté the onion and bell pepper until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients slowly, stirring to blend.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve over cooked noodles or rice.