Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Makes 8-1/4 cup servings.
2-1/2 pounds fresh sweet potatoes or yams, peeled
1/4 c. margarine
2 Tbsp. brown sugar, packed to measure
2 tsp. Sweet’N Low® brown sugar substitute
1/4 c. chopped pecans.
- Cut sweet potatoes in half crosswise. Place in a large pot of water, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Boil potatoes gently until tender, approximately 20 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut crosswise in 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Spray 1-1/2 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place half the potatoes in baking dish.
- Top with half the margarine, half the brown sugar, and half the Sweet’N Low.® Add the second half of the potatoes, top with remaining margarine, brown sugar and Sweet’N Low.® Finish by topping with the chopped pecans.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until pecans begin to brown.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup or 1/8 of recipe
Exchanges Per Serving:
Carb Choice: 2-1/2