Neoropathic pain is very common during winters. During this time muscles and joints pain starts because of the nerves. Today number of medications and therapies are available for this pain but in-spite of various developments in the cure of neuropathy, pain repeatedly remains insensitive to all treatment modalities.
Pain related to nerves is called neuropathic pain. This pain can affect a person at any age. It includes nerves related to sytica, diabetes, cancer, face pain, migraine, strokes and spinal cord injury. Even the operation marks also creates pain during winters, if any women has gone through a cesarean delivery then she can feel pain near the stitches. It is not necessary that everybody will feel pain but those individuals who had gone through some problem during nerves operation will suffer from this pain.
Reasons for pain:
- As the coldness in the environment increases the nerves which supply blood to the body compacts, which results in inappropriate supply of blood and pain increases.
- Damage to central or peripheral nerves can also lead to chronic neropathic pain
- Chemotherapy can also be one of the reason in which cancer is treated by the use of some drugs to destroy the cells.
- There can be intense pain in nerves to a HIV infected person.
- Another reason for pain is infection of Shingles.
What are the treatment?
According to many doctors while treating neuropathy the nerve which has compacted is blocked permanently. For this purpose injections can also be used in nerves in order to decrease the pain. After 3-4 months these nerves are regenerated and the pain also gets reduced automatically.
Whether it is a problem of sytica or the problem of spinal cord, injections are available for these. Strokes are treated through medicines in addition to physiotherapy. Injections of botox are also used for this purpose.
“The information is present for general purpose please consult your doctor for any medication/therapy”