Colors play a very important role in treating certain diseases. All colors vibrate at a specific frequency. It is said that organs and glands of our bodies also vibrate at specific frequencies and that colors correspond to the areas of our body which have the same frequency. When we are sick, our organs and glands may become out of balance and not function at their proper frequencies. Restoring the proper frequency is thought to restore health.
Following is information on how each color is used in color therapy, however more research is needed. Please consult a doctor before practising Color Therapy.
Benefits of Red Color
RED has the longest length in the visible spectrum and the lowest rate of vibration. Possible benefits:
- Chronic pain – May lower the frequency of wave lengths causing them to be less excited and thereby reduce pain
- Stimulate the automatic nervous and circulatory systems
- Stimulate the liver
- Act as a pustulant, drawing poisons to a head to be eliminated
- Reduce inflammation and swelling
- Increase heart strength and stimulate circulation
- Support the building of the blood
- Increase blood flow to the brain
Benefits of Orange
- Stimulate the lungs and thyroid gland to increase oxygen to the body
- Depress the parathyroid gland
- For lactating mothers, stimulate the mammary glands resulting in increased milk production for women who breastfeed their babies
- Reduce menstrual cramps
- Relieve cramping, cramps and convulsions in all parts of the body
- Relieve hiccups (hiccoughs)
- Relieve digestive gas, flatulence
- Treat skin conditions such as boils, carbuncles and abscesses
- Build lungs and stimulate the respiratory system. Used to treat Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Emphysema, Chronic Bronchitis, Asthma, Tuberculosis
Benefits of Green Color
Green is the master color, associated with the pituitary which is the master gland.
- Useful for overall wellbeing, for chronic or acute issues
- Use green along with turquoise for the treatment of burns
- Healing of sores, bruises and cuts
- Promote the release of mucus/phlegm
- Stimulate the brain
- Stimulate the digestive
- Dissolving blood clots
- Tremors, twitching, shaking
Benefits of Yellow Color
YELLOW is associated with the stomach, liver, gall bladder and pancreas. Possible benefits:
- Can help with night blindness because it filters out blue light.
- Depress the spleen and the parathyroid gland and stimulate the lymphatic glands.
- Increases appetite. Better assimilation of food for better nutrition.
- Healing for all kinds of paralysis from stroke to sluggish organs. Stimulates and builds nerves.
- Strengthened heart resulting in better circulation.
- Strengthened the nervous system.
- Destruction of body worms
- Improved rheumatoid arthritis, neuritis and similar conditions because yellow may help eliminate calcium and lime deposits.
These were the benefits of few basic colors and its effect on our body. Please consult a color therapists and your doctor before going in for any color therapy.