Gradually people are shifting towards the consumption of green tea instead of black tea. The increaseing health benefits and popularity of green tea is making it a daily routine of thousands of people.
Importance of Catechin
The polyphenols present in green tea are known as catechin. These are of 6 types. The ECGC compound among these is of utmost importance. According to various researchers the health benefits present in green tea is because of these polyphenols only. They are more beneficial than the antioxidants present in vitamin C. Green tea helps in keeping us healthy and prevents various diseases.
Green tea benefits
- People who drink at least 3 cups of green tea daily are 11 % less affected to heart diseases. It reduces the bad cholesterol in the body and promotes the level of good cholesterol.
- According to the research held on 500 women it was found that those women who consumes green tea from an early age do not have the problem of breast cancer or any other cancer.
- The anti-oxidants present in green tea eliminates the side effects of free radicals which makes our skin mature at an early age.
- It also helps in keeping blood pressure under control.
- Green tea is best at curing food poisoning as the catechin present in green tea acts as a diseases resistance substance.
- Green tea also reduces the problem of asthma and diabetes.
If you are planning to loose weight then there is no other perfect substitute than green tea. Its extract helps in increasing the metabolism rate of the body. Regular intake of green tea can help in loosing weight as according to researchers the catechin present in green tea helps in burning the unwanted fat from the body. It is observed that continuous consumption of green tea burns 70 calories per day that means you can loose up-to 7 pounds weight in a year.
Herbal products are very beneficial but at the same time they can be harmful for health. Keep in mind that herbal items will be most beneficial to those who dont have any serious diseases. Those people who are having problems like heart diseases, high blood pressure, kidney problems, liver or stomach problems, pregnant women should avoid drinking green tea.
Over consumption of green tea is also harmful for helath. The caffine present in it develops mood swings, sleeping disorders, anexity and unconsiousness.
“The information present above is for general purpose please consult your doctor before taking any medication/therapy”