Reflexology: Best Alternative Treatment Therapy
Reflexology (zone therapy) is an alternative medicine, complementary, or integrated medicine method of treatment involving the physical act of applying pressure to the feet and hand with specific thumb, finger and hand techniques without the use of oil or lotion. It is based on what reflexologists claim to be a system of zones and reflex areas that they say reflect an image of the body on the feet and hands, with the premise that such work effects a physical change to the body.
“A natural healing art based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet, hands and ears and their referral areas within zone related areas, which correspond to every part, gland and organ of the body. Through application of pressure on these reflexes without the use of tools, crèmes or lotions, the feet being the primary area of application, reflexology relieves tension, improves circulation and helps promote the natural function of the related areas of the body.”
Reflexology is a health practice without contradictions. This is a safe, effective and reliable process. It helps:
- Prevent further damage
- Corrects body by regenerating body cells
- Strengthen and reinforce all systems in body
- Maintaining body balance its health
Reflexology does not
- Treat Specific Condition
Benefits of Reflexology
- Reduce stress
- Cope with pain
- Increased ability to control emotional pain
- Improved concentration
- Improved sleep
- Improved breathing
- Reduced muscle tension
- Lowered blood pressure
- Lowered heart rate
- Decreased pain
Reflexology is Effective for
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Sports Injury
- Digestive Disorder
- Stressful Conditions
- On the first visit, the reflexology practitioner will have a preliminary talk with you to determine your present and past health and lifestyle.
- The Reflexologist will then use their hands to apply pressure to the feet. The application and the effect of the therapy are unique to each person.
- A professionally trained Reflexologist can detect subtle changes in specific points on the feet, and by working on these points may affect the corresponding organ or system of the body.
- A treatment session usually lasts for about one hour. A course of treatment may be recommended depending on your body’s needs.
- After one or two treatments your body may respond in a very definite way. Most people note a sense of well-being and relaxation; sometimes people report feeling lethargic, nauseous or tearful, but this is transitory and is a part of the healing process.
Reflexology helps to normalize body functions. A Reflexology session relaxes the stress that can affect your health. It is a safe effective way to Better Health. Only the hands are used, making it a safe, simple, yet effective method without the use of gadgets. Let your fingers do the walking.
Sources: wherincity, wikipedia