Trigeminal neuralgia in patients is a type of one-sided face pain like an electric shock or pricking that lasts less than one minute, is convulsive with pain-free intervals.
Trigeminal neuralgia also called “face pain” is a nerve turmoil that causes a sharp or a pain like electric shock in some parts of the face. The pain is not continuous rather it is just for 1-2 minutes, and it is felt on a particular jaw or cheek. It is because of the trigeminal nerve that connects the feelings like touch and pain from the face, eyes, sinus and mouth to the brain.
The pain starts with pricking, itching, or a constant pain on the face. With time pain keeps on increasing which becomes irritating while brushing teeth, shaving, cleaning face or applying makeup.This condition usually affects people who are more than 50 years but compared to men women are more likely to be affected by trigeminal neuralgia.
- Sharp and painful electric shock like pain for just 102 minutes.
- Pain on a particular side of the face.
- It may increase by some vibrations caused on the face.
- Feeling intense pain while- shaving, brushing, eating food, washing face or drinking.
What should be the diet?
- It is important to take full amount of vitamin B1, B6 and B12.
- Try to take green vegetables, banana and guava in a good amount. These all are rich in vitamins.
- Apart from these dry fruits, soup, non-veg, eggs are very good for health.
Protect your nerves during winters. Those who have week facial nerves must cover their face while driving with a warm cloth. If are not protected completely then there is a risk of having paralysis on the face. It immediate precautions are not taken then a person can be put to steroids in order to cure paralysis.
“The information present here is for general purpose please consult your doctor before taking any medication/therapy”