10 Health Benefits of Honey
Hey guys,,, its September & do you know September is celebrated as National Honey Month. Honey is a natural sugar made by honeybees using nectar from the flowers. Honey is made up of glucose, fructose, and minerals such as iron, calcium, phosphate, sodium chlorine, potassium, magnesium. It is also rich in vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, and B6. A toast with honey is a perfect way to start your day. Apart from its great taste, honey has lots of amazing benefits. Here are 10 delicious ways that honey improves your health.
- Honey contains flavonoids, antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.
- The combination of honey and cinnamon cures arthritis pain, cholesterol, hair fall and gastric problems. It also clears stomach ulcers and helps digest the heaviest meals. Applying honey and cinnamon on your skin cures pimples and acne.
- If you’re trying to lose fat, honey can be of great . Taking honey with luke warm water on an empty stomach in the morning cleanse the liver, remove toxins, and reduce fat from the body .
- If you’re trying to gain fat, then also honey can help you. Taking honey with warm milk at night befor going to bed helps to slow down the digestion, allowing the body to absorb more carbs and hence aids in weight gain.
- Honey helps build stamina in athletes. Honey contains a good amount of all the important minerals and replaces them in the body. It is like an energy drink for the sportsmen and athletes and helps them in muscle building. So next time before you go for a workout, take a spoon of honey to enable you to go for the extra mile.
- Honey is widely used in many types of cosmetics like lip balm, face creams and shower gels. Honey is a thick liquid that acts as a perfect skin and hair conditioner. It brings smoothness to the skin and hair. Hence, it is used in cosmetics and shampoos. It is often mixed with olive oil or castor oil for conditioning of hair.
- Honey has been used as a natural cure in first aid treatment for wounds, burns and cuts.
- The mixture of honey and ginger provides instant relief to people suffering from cough, cold, sore throat, and runny nose.
- A mixture of honey and ginger, along with black pepper, is capable of treating or reducing the effects of asthma.
- Hangovers can be rough, whether is due to studies or due to alcohol. To get a quick relief from hangover add honey to a cup of boiling water and add a little lemon juice.
So guys what are you waiting for??? It’s National Honey Month & its a best time to include honey in your diet!!!