Blood Pressure Control: Blueberries helps cheking High Blood Pressure
Fresh Blueberries are not only a nice summertime treat,but also a good source of Vitamins and minerals and consists of an enormous amount of health benefits.Blueberries are regarded as a richest source of antioxidants that plays an important part in keeping our body healthy and young forever.Blueberries are meant to be the best medicine-fruit for Blood Pressure patients.
Researchers suggest that one should have two handful of Blueberries every week that helps a lot in cheking the increasing risk of high Blood Pressure,that could lead to strokes and heart disease.
Almost 10million people in Britain are effected by High Blood pressure and hypertension.The latest research has shown that the bio-active compound in blueberries called Anthocyanins provide protection against hypertension.
Anthocyanins belong to the family of compounds known as flavonoids and are also found in blackcurrants,raspberries,aubergines and blood orange juice.
Blueberries fight hardening of arteries,which can cause heart attack and stroke and also gaurd against disese such as cancer and Alzheimer.
Aedin Cassidy,of University of East Anglia says “Our findings are exciting and suggest that an achievable dietary intake of anthocyanins may contribute to the prevention of hypertension”
Some more blueberries benefits are-
- It contain chemical that decreases the growth of cervical and breast cancer cancer cell
- Blueberries slow down aging process
- It also improves short term memory loss and improves balance and coordination.
- A compound found in blueberries called pterostilbene,has been found to develop into a nutraceutical for lowering cholesterol.
- Blueberries also improve night time vision and promote quicker adjustment to darkness and faster restoration of visual acuity after exposure to glare.
- They also reduce effects of age related conditions like Alzheimer’s or Dementia.
- They act as a guard against Diarrhea and Constipation.
- They are rich in sources of soluble and insoluble fiber and contains tannins,which act as astringents in the digestive system to reduce inflammation.
- If consumed regularly consumed,blueberries helps in fighting urinary tract infections.