Cooking oil is the most important part of diet. Using proper amount of oil in food enhance health and is the key to fitness. Know more about cooking oil and its health benefits.
According to national institute of nutrition (Hyderabad) it was found that same oil should not be used for a long time, it is suggested to keep on changing cooking oil in small interval of time. This reduces various health problems like- Heart diseases, Obesity, Diabetes etc.
The researchers have divided cooking oil in two parts. Group A contains mustard oil and soy-bean oil, which are rich in Omega 3. Group B contains sunflower oil and peanut oil which contains Omega 6. Using both the groups simultaneously will fulfill the need of both omega 3 and 6 in the body.
Health benefits of various oils;
- Soy-bean oil- This is used mainly in middle India, it helps in balancing the LDL(low density lipoprotien) and HLD (high density lipoprotien) level in the body. But this oil is not considered good for frying purpose.
- Mustard oil– It is used in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar-Pradesh, Bengal etc. It is rich in Mono-unsaturated acid and Polly-unsaturated acid. It is considered good for frying food. But the uric acid present in it makes this oil imperfect to be used for daily purpose. It contains good amount of Vitamin E and reduces 70 % heart problems.
- Coconut oil– It contains saturated fatty acid but not cholesterol. It is very beneficial from health point of view. It prevents body from virus, fungus and bacteria.
- Olive oil- This oil is used widely in foreign countries but is now becoming popular in some parts of India to. It contains mono-saturated fatty acid. Regular consumption of olive oil keeps the fat content balanced in the body.
- Corn oil- It keeps cholesterol level balanced in the body, but excess consumption has adverse effects in the body.
“The information present here is for general purpose please consult your doctor before taking any medication/therapy”