We all remember Dr. Murli Prasad Sharma aka Munnabhai from the movie Munnabhai MBBS, who taught us to give “Jadoo Ki Jappi”, but how many of us remember Dr. Asthana (the Dean of Medical College) in the movie. Well, he also had one peculiar habit of giggling whenever he is angry 🙂 We often hear that laugher is the best medicine but how often do we practice it…???
Laughing has been called ‘stationary jogging’, because when we laugh every organ in our body is affected.
So what exactly happens when we laugh ? Let’s have a look at it.
- Laughter increases oxygen level in our body which helps body to heal itself and resist further infection.
- Blood pressure is reduced while blood vessels expand close to skin surface and improve the circulation, which is why often people seem to blush or go red while laughing.
- Our breath quickens as we inhale deeply and exhale through our vocal cords.
- Its one of the best exercises for neck, shoulder and stomach.
- Researchers at University of Maryland theorize that while we laugh beta-endorphin like compounds released (natural pain killers) by our body and which results in preventing ulcer and and digestive disorder.
So do I need to say more to give you a reason to laugh even if you are sad. Just Smile away all your bad thoughts.