Pregnancy is an important aspect of life, but it is not always easy.One common problem that still exists is low sperm count.Low sperm count is one of the major cause of male infertility.There are various biological and environmental factors which affect the sperm count.
Not only women but men should also follow a well balanced diet.Try to avoid smoking and binge drinking.Exercise regularly to maintain physical as well as mental health.There are many causes that lead to low sperm count some of them are listed below.
Causes of low sperm count:
- Extremely hot water bathing
- Wearing tight underwear
- Sitting for long time
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Deficiency of zinc
- Extra physical or mental workload
A recent study has shown that sperm count can be increased by including nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin E,zinc and folic acid in the diet.Here are some natural ways which can help in increasing the sperm count.
Natural ways to increase sperm count:
- Cut down on alcohol and stop smoking as smoking tends to decrease the sperm cell mortality as well as sperm count.
- Take sufficient amount of vitamin and fertility supplement.
- Try to maintain a healthy well balanced diet so that you should not be overweight.Since overweight affects the testosterone and estrogen levels.
- Stop use of harmful drugs such as cocaine,marijuana etc.
- Protect testicles form excessive heat, try to wear loose and comfortable boxers or underwear.Also avoid sauna baths and hot baths.
- Exercise regularly but do not overdo the procedure.As intense and over exercise could lead to low sperm count.
- Stay way from toxins such as pesticide, radiations,benzene, mercury etc.
- Do not over stress.Do yoga to keep your mental as well as physical health calm and controlled.
- Massage your body with herbal oil so as to increase the blood circulation which in turn increases your sperm count.
- Maintain a well balanced diet and be hydrated all throughout the day,drink lots of water.Disorders like anemia or malnutrition could also lowers your sperm count.
- Avoid riding bicycles it could harm your testicles.Also cut down on caffeine products such as soft drinks and coffee.
- Do not put your cell phone in the trouser pocket or laptop on your lap,avoid too much heat.
- Do not use lubricants or vaginal tablets in excess, it could lead to low sperm count.
“The information present here is for general purpose please consult your doctor before taking any medication/therapy”