Specks has become a part of fashion as well as need for individuals, but with a change in time people prefer contact lenses instead of specks. Contact lens has came forward as a new fashion in among youngsters. Know how to choose and take care of of contact lenses.
Mainly contact lenses are of three types-
- Hard contact lenses
Hard contact lenses are light and are made up of polymethyl acrylate material . They can be used for a long period of time, the major drawback of using these lenses is that it disables to deliver proper oxygen to the cornea. It is suggested to remove these lenses while sleeping as cornea can have shortage of oxygen which will enable to give you a clear vision. Being hard it contains lot of drawbacks, as at the time of removing or wearing these lenses your cornea can get hurt and that is the reason why these lenses are not so popular.
- Soft contact lenses
The main specialty of these lenses is that they protect your eyes from the ultraviolet rays of the sun. It is made up of that kind of material which contains water and due to this it enables the oxygen to reach the cornea easily. People find it very easy to use because of it being soft. Protein seems to get stored inside the eyes when these lenses are used for a long time which makes your vision unclear. Because of its softness it is prone to cracks. It is suggested to use disposable soft contact lenses for convenience.
- Colored contact lenses
Colored contact lenses are mainly used for fashion purpose among youngsters. Apart from these bifocal or graded contact lenses are also available in the market in varieties.
- Take special care while wearing contact lenses as a small mistake can hurt the cornea.
- If there is any type of infection like dryness then avoid using lenses.
- Wear lenses comfortably and with proper cleaning.
- Headache, fever and dizziness is a common problem occurring after wearing lenses for the first time. In that case immediately take them off and consult your doctor.
- Avoid wearing lenses for a long time they can create infection to the eyes.
- Always use special solutions for cleaning lenses, clean them daily and do not use same solution for cleaning contact lenses.
- Always where sun glasses while going out in strong wind or dust.
- Do not use nails to remove contact lenses.
- Try to buy good quality contact lenses.
- Remove your contact lenses before sleeping at night.
“The information present here is for general purpose please consult your doctor before taking any medication/therapy”