We all love our pets a lot but did you ever thought that your pet could be the reason of your illness.
Pets have some specific diseases in them which could transfer to humans. The diseases which can pass through animals to humans are known as Zoonoses.
Zoonoses or Zoonotic diseases can be avoided if proper hygiene is maintained. This might sound as a warning to all the pet lovers but if proper hygiene is not maintained then one could get sick easily.
Some Diseases transmitted by animals are:
Roundworms & Hookworms
- This is a common disease passed on by pets. It occurs in humans if someone mistakenly consumes something which has contaminated worm eggs from a pet’s stool. Then the eggs would hatch in the intestine of the person infected and then the worms would spread in the whole body.
- The worms are impossible to find in the human body. The could even
infect the eye, lever or in some rare cases the brain of the human.
- When in eye, it could lead to the loss of sight. When in lever it causes a lot of problems like fever and indigestion.
- The worst case happens when it affects the brain because in that case the person infected becomes mentally ill and loses his senses.
- Mostly children are infected as they lack in proper hygiene.
- It is mostly transmitted by Fish and pork.
- The worm transmits on consumption of the animal.
- Proper hygiene should be taken at the time of consumption.
- The disease which is almost known to all and is present in a lot of animals.
- The disease is present in almost all warm blooded animals.
- It is transmitted through the saliva of the animal.