Menstrual Cycle is closely related to women’s health.The body of a women changes every time it reaches to a certain stage.The menstrual period starts at the age of 12 in every female and lasts for about 3-5 days.The normal duration of menstrual cycle ranges from 20-32 days.The irregularity in the menstrual period can be caused due to many reasons.It could be stress, dietary problem,emotions, thoughts or irregular routine.
Sometimes the abnormality in menstrual period is not a serious problem while there are some reasons that are to be worried.
About 30 percentage of women have inconsistent periods.
Inconsistency occurs when you have difference in bleeding compared to the usual one or the period last for few days compared to last one.It could also be the possibility that you skipped a the menstrual bleeding for a month or had longer period.
10 Reasons for Abnormal Menstrual Period:
- Immoderate weight gain or weight loss. More weight also causes inconsistency in menstrual period.
- If your are suffering from eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia.
- Stress is a very common cause of irregular periods.The state of hormones become unbalanced if you feel lethargic,anxious or depressed all the time.
- Inconsistent menstrual bleeding also occurs if your are pregnant.The body is in the stage of producing different level of hormones, thus ending the menstrual bleeding.
- Sometimes rigorous exercise also causes irregular menstrual periods.Too much of exercise brings changes in the body.
- Drugs such as the chemotherapeutic drugs also causes irregularity in the occurrence of normal period.
- Overexertion could be the reason for abnormal menstrual bleeding too.
- Birth control pills makes major hormonal changes in the body which lead to irregular periods.
- Menarche is another reason, where girls are at the stage of onset of menstrual bleeding, go through irregular periods atleast for 3 years of duration.
- Sometimes irregular periods are the signal of menopause in elderly women.
Symptoms of Irregular Periods
One way to find out if you are experiencing irregular cycles of menstrual period is to check the symptoms such as:
- Acne breakout
- Breast soreness during your menstrual cycles
- Swing in mood
- Painful back cramps.
To avoid such symptoms learn to reduce the stress level,be relaxed and meditate as long as possible. Have a regular and well balanced diet consisting of all nutrients and minerals necessary to cope with the changes inside the body. Be fit and exercise regularly but avoid intense exercise.
“The information present here is for general purpose please consult your doctor before taking any medication/therapy”