Holy basil (tulsi) is not grown in so many Hindu homes only because it is considered sacred.Every part of the plant ,from root to leaves possesses health giving properties
Its uses as a medicine in different ailments has been known from ancient times in the Ayurvedic system.The juice of tulsi leaves is used in bronchitis and gastric disorders of children.The juice ,taken in the morning each day over a period of time,helps to relieve chronic fever,hemorrhage,dysentery and dyspepsia.
Tulsi juice helps to control vomiting.The leaf juice when dropped orally in found highly effective against ear ache.A mixture of leaves and lime helps control ringworm.A mixture prepared from tulsi leaves gives comfort in the case of common cold.
Tulsi leaves are used in many homes for different purposes.It is added to tea or coffee to give a nice flavor. Apart from having many curative and healthy properties tulsi is also effective in mosquito repellent.
It contains herbal properties which helps in curing many diseases like cancer,diabetics,skin problems,respiratory disorder,Kidney stone,heart disorder or mouth infection.
- Tulsi reduces blood pressure.
- It sharpens the memory and contains many anti-oxidants.
- Used in herbal tea which increases the level of stamina in the body.
- Tulsi oil is very effective in solving hair problems.
- Acts as a mouth wash in reducing tooth ache.
- It has a properties of pain killers.
- It helps in maintaining the cholesterol level in the body.
“The information present here is for general purpose please consult your doctor before taking any medication/therapy”