It is very important to have a common and proper knowledge of this disease first of all. What exactly the YEAST INFECTION is? well it is a fungus infection which occurs due to an unpredictable presence of a fungus generally known as candid in scientific terms.
This is a type of disease which rest on a normal human skin generally those places which contains moisture like mouth or digestive tract. Now a days one of the common area effected by the yeast infection is the vaginal area among women. In a recent survey it is estimated that around 30%-60% women are going through this disease. When this infection is caused in the vaginal area it is known as vulvovaginal candidiasis.
What is vaginal yeast infection?
When the yeast infection grows in the vaginal area it is known as vaginal yeast infection or vulvovaginal candidiasis. Many yeast cells start growing inside the vaginal tract keeping each other in balance. When these fungi increases in number they causes yeast infection. There are various reasons that helps these microorganism to increase in number like over eating of antibiotics which in turn lessens the protective bacteria or pregnancy period, having diabetes problem etc.
- Intense pain during intercourse.
- Itching in vaginal area.
- Feeling of burning or irritation in vaginal tract.
- Pain during urination.
- Colorless vaginal discharge.
- Swelling near the affected vaginal area.
There is nothing to worry about because very easy and protective treatment are available for the yeast infection. It is a common disease which occurs during pregnancy times. Women who are not pregnant and are feeling the symptoms of yeast infection can treat themselves in their home without any prescription of the doctor. Mere using of some anti-fungal creams or pills will solve the problem. But it is very important to take an advise of a doctor before opting for the self treatment as the symptoms of yeast infections are usually confused by other vaginal problems. It is very important to take proper medication so make sure of the following things before opting for the self treatment at home-
- If there are very light symptoms and there is nothing like intense pain of fever.
- You are not in a stage of pregnancy because yeast infections are very common during pregnancy and demands a proper medications and checkups.
- If this is the first time of getting this infection and it do not occur continuously.
- If there is a surety that the infection is not caused by any sexual intercourse.
“The information present here is for general purpose please consult your doctor before taking any medication therapy”