Cigarettes and Tobacco smoking is a kind of addiction that can put one at the risk of heart diseases and cancer of various organs. And the fact is that its the only avoidable risk factor for cardiovascular diseases.
The different kinds of diseases caused by smoking are Brain Stroke, Amputation of limbs,Acute Coronary Syndrome(ACS), Angina and other cardiovascular diseases.
The main addictive substance of smoke is “Nicotine“, which diffuses into bloodstream. Apart from it there are Cadmium, Carbon Monoxide(CO), DDT, Vinyl Chloride and some other carcinogenic substances.
How to quit Smoking ?
- Daily exercise of about half an hour may be helpful. Yoga in particular is very effective
- Throw away all your cigarettes and ash tray
- One should keep oneself busy in various activities like reading, singing, socializing
- Chew on low calorie foods like celery, apples and carrots
- Chewing gum helps during cravings
- Take cinnamon stick and keep it in your mouth
- After meal take a cup of mint tea or a peppermint candy if you are in a habit of smoking after meals
- Ask a trusted friend to support you in your decision to quit smoking
- And last but not the least, once quit never start it again.