Whey Protein Side Effects
Whey protein is the protein that is taken from whey, which is a consequence of the cheese made from cow’s milk. The Whey protein is a mixture of beta-lactoglobulin, alpha-lactalbumin and serum albumin, along with pH. Whey Protein has been recognized with having the highest Biological Value (BV) of any known protein. The protein made from whey gets digested very effortlessly and is also accorded with important disease-fighting effects.
Whey protein powder is very popular amongst body builders and athletes, as it speeds up the process of muscle development and also helps in fast recovery. While whey protein is rightly related with a number of health benefits, it is also recognized with a few side effects that are worth considering. Read on to be familiar with the side effects of whey proteins.
Side Effect Of Whey Protein
Whey Protein Side Effects There has been significant debate over the side effects of whey protein. Although experts have warned of the probable side effects of over consumption of the protein, there is no scientific proof till date to prove the negative effects. Still, we have listed the likely side effects of Whey protein.
- Whey protein is remote from whey, which is a by-product of the cheese made from cow’s milk. So, those who are sensitive to to lactose i.e. suffer from lactose intolerance might develop allergic reaction from it.
- It has been argued that long-term, too much eating of protein (be it whey or any other) is associated with corrosion of the kidney function.
- Experts have also warned that extreme intake of protein might cause damage to the liver.
- Another likely side effect of consuming whey protein is that it can lead to an increase in the pH of blood.
- Last, but not the least, too much consumption of Whey protein has been linked to osteoporosis, especially over the long-term.
The truth is that excess of no matter which and everything is bad and the same holds true in case of whey protein also. Moderation is the key to leading a healthy life and you should keep this in mind while consuming anything, counting whey protein. Most of the side effects linked with the protein are manifested over time, owing to extreme consumption. Therefore, rule is the key to enjoy their benefits, while staying clear of the harms.