Bees sting are very common and painful.Sometimes bee sting can become fatal for the people who have severe allergic reactions.Bee sting usually causes swelling and a continuous itching and burning sensation.Bee stings are generally caused by female bees.Female bees have stinger which contains the venom.
Never try to pull out the stinger,instead scrape it very carefully.If you pull out the stinger the venom releases the poison into the body.
Home remedies for bee sting:
1)Baking Soda-Mix the baking soda with vinegar and make a thick paste.Apply the paste on the area of bee sting.It helps relieving the burning sensation and itching.As the mixture dries up, it heals the area stung by the bee.It also reduces the swelling.
2)Tenderizer and toothpaste-Apply the toothpaste directly on the area stung by bee.The ingredients present in the toothpaste neutralizes the sting with its acid.The acid dries the sting and also helps relieving the pain.
Makes the paste of meat tenderizer and some water and apply it over the stung area.Papain, is an enzyme present in the tenderizer which helps relieving the pain by breaking down the harmful poison.
3)Onion- Cut a piece of onion and rub it over the place of sting.Leave it for 15 minutes.Doctors are still not confirm about how this stuff works but there are some powerful enzymes present in onion that breaks down the toxins present in the venom.
4)Ice- Applying ice to the sting site provides relief in pain and swelling temporarily.Ice numbs the pain and swelling of the affected area.Leave the ice for at least 5 minutes.
5)Papaya-Papaya has the characteristic to neutralize the venom.Rub the papaya against the affected skin.It helps in reducing the pain and swelling.
People who are allergic to bee sting should go for doctor’s advise immediately.Home remedies are not enough and helpful for the people who are allergic to bee sting.Breathing problem, nausea, rashes and serious swelling are some of the symptoms of allergy caused by bee sting.
“The information present here is for general purpose please consult your doctor before taking any medication/therapy”