Throat pain and cough are natural to occur during winters. A little irresponsibility towards your health can lead you to suffer with cough and throat pain. A strong immune system helps you fight with these kind of common diseases, which can irritate you in any season or any time on daily basis.
If the symptoms of cough and throat pain are not treated well in time, it could really create a problem for you. Cough, in case if get severe can cause problem while you breathe, speak and even hamper your sleeping. On the other hand throat pain can occur due to many reasons such as your throat may be infected by strepto coccus virus, viral infection or inflammation in larynx.
If you experience any of the symptom of throat pain or cough, then instead of running to a doctor or any pharmacy just try these home remedies which can completely cure the symptoms and never let them occur again.
Best home remedies for throat pain :
- Take sip of tea with grated ginger in it. It helps soothes and nourish your throat.
- Prepare a warm mixture of lemon juice and honey, mix it with luke warm water and drink it regularly. It will definitely helps treating your throat pain. Also lemon juice helps treating the flu and cold like symptoms.
- Gargle with salt water regularly at least two times a day. Also you can try gargling with cider vinegar, it is a best home remedy to cure sore throat.
- Horseradish is best known herb to cure throat pain and fever like symptoms.
- Garlic helps fighting with the infection in the throat which causes pain.3-4 drops of garlic in ¼ cup of water cures the problem of swallowing in throat pain.
- Boil some cloves in water. The mixture then can be used to gargle to cure throat pain.
- Prepare a mixture of onion and honey, keep it overnight. Take 1 tablespoon of mixture at least 3 times a day. It helps in controlling the throat pain.
Best home remedy for cough:
- Honey has analgesic properties which helps in soothing the cough and pain associated with it. Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with hot tea or coffee and drink it on regular intervals.
- If you are suffering from the problem of night coughing then honey will be the best idea to cure it.Take 1 tablespoon of honey every night after dinner, it will helps in reducing the cough symptoms.
- If you are suffering from mild cough and pain then steam is another best option. Inhale steam before going to bed at night. It will be very relieving and soothing for you and for your throat as well.
- Herbal tea consisting of aniseed and basil will be soothingly effective to treat your cough.
- Turmeric(haldi) reduces the cough symptoms. Mix 2 tablespoon of turmeric powder to warm milk, it helps loosen your cough and also cleans the mucus membrane.
- Tale 1 tablespoon of onion juice, add 1-2 teaspoon of honey to it.Keep the mixture for 5-6 hours.Take a teaspoon of mixture at least twice a day , it helps relieving the symptoms of cough.
- Black Pepper(Kali Mirch) also helps in loosening the cough and open up the chest congestion.Chew 2-3 black pepper seeds or you can also fry it in oil.
- One cup mixture of grape juice and honey helps preventing and curing cough.
“The information present here is for general purpose please consult your doctor before taking any medication/therapy”